Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road
Default Learning journerys

How do people conduct their learning journeys? Our learning journeys have an about me page and a progress report at the front , the progress reports have 6 boxes, 1 for each of the areas of learning. Does anybody else have these?
x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

We include photos and post it notes on activities we see the children doing. Both Child and Adult initiated. Some pieces of their art work with a note to link it to the EYFS. The EYFS charts for all 6 Areas of Learning which we highlight and date when the child has achieved it. Also any art work the parents want to add to it that the child may have done at home.
Unread 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

and of course they should go home regularly for the parents and child to ad whatever they like and then be set home when compete and start another! they being the children not the setting realising this, letting go, not being precious about them makes them far more exciting and realistic
Unread 04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have an all about me information sheet at the front... then observations and individual planning is added each month.

I work through the Eyfs development matters in stages - 0 - 2 / 1 - 3 / 2 - 4 etc so they are always overlapping and add those when the child has moved on.

I encourage parents to have their say and the children look through / contribute to the LJs regularly.

Hth
Unread 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone write progress reports that go in the learning journeys? im just recently qualified and have taken over for some of the key children my colleague had. i have to write progress reports for my key children and wondered if anyone had any tips on written them or possibly even a template to help get me started. There basically a box for each area of learning.
Many thanks
Unread 05-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Look back at what the child has achieved over the last few weeks or months and draw together evidence of their progression.

Note some ideas for next steps which are then shared with parents... involve the child where possible.

Hth