Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

didem1 is on a distinguished road
Default manage and respond to inappropriate behaviour

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting a thread on here. I'm doing my level 3 teaching assistant course online but I'm struggling with demonstrating and submitting reflection sheets. It would be really useful you guys can help me with what kind of things to look out for and if anyone have had experience in these situations.
So here it is:
Be able to manage and respond to inappropriate behaviour.

Demonstrated strategies for minimising disruption through inappropriate behaviour of children and young people.

Demonstrated strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting.

Applied rules and boundaries consistently and fairly, according to the age, needs and abilities of children and young people.

Used agreed strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting

Provided support for colleagues to deal with inappropriate behaviour of children and young people.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. Pages 57+ of this level 3 STL handbook will help.

TDA 3.4 promote children's positive behaviour. Search inside for the word challenging and click to page 57

Demonstrated strategies for minimising disruption through inappropriate behaviour of children and young people.

What does your setting consider is inappropriate behaviour?

Have you intervened when children were talking loudly to each other which disrupted others from hearing the teacher?

Have you maybe taken a child away from a situation to help them calm down?

Do you know if there is a specific seating arrangement in your class where children are expected to sit in designated places?

Demonstrated strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting.

You will need your setting's behaviour policy and procedures for this. Look at what the policy says and then think about situations where you've put procedures in place to comply with the policy. For example if the policy states children are not to run inside the school for reasons of health and safety/prevent injury to self and others, what would happen if children did run up and down the corridor, climb tales and upturn chairs?

Applied rules and boundaries consistently and fairly, according to the age, needs and abilities of children and young people.

Page 63 rules and boundaries, consider what rules exist in your setting, how the children know about them and the times you need to remind them what the rules are and why they're needed.

Used agreed strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting

Page 58 Everyone needs to know what to do when behaviour becomes challenging. This might mean having previously agreed actions that help a child when they are angry, in disagreement, threatening or distraught.

Rewards and sanctions?

Provided support for colleagues to deal with inappropriate behaviour of children and young people

Page 65 What is your role when a colleague is dealing with inappropriate behaviour? Do you ignore what's going on, leave the room or know that you 're expected to watch an event until your colleague signals for you to help or request you get help?

Hope this helps a little x
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

didem1 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for replying. These are great resources and will definitely help me a lot. I have the book and I'll be looking at these pages. xxx