Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
lealeaelli

Help SOS assignment 008...help i feel like quiting!

somebody please help me im doing a level 3 ccld solo throught a private company but dont get much help on it...kind of heres ur work u have 3 weeks bla bla but im really struggling with assignment 008 below is the uestion:

task a
understanding how children and young people grow and develop in providing appropriate services. give a written explanition of the expected holistic patterns of children and young peoples physical comunication intelctual social emotional and behavioural development in as age groups 03 37 712 12 16
throughtout expain how current theories of c.c dev can be influenced by practitioners.

i am so stuck and struggling massivley and its getting me down to the fact im in tears thinking about it i have done some work explaining how the age ranges are different and dnt know if im writing a huge pile of nonsense
i dont want to quit as i love my job but am struggling so so much

if anyone has help advice or a old copy of the assignment i can pull bits from or read through i would be so grateful
Leanne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road

Hi Lealeaelli,
Firstly everyone of us has been in the same head space your in right now. It makes you doubt your ability and knocks your confidence to a point that makes you break down in tears and feel like giving up. Don't despair, take a step back and have a large coffee whilst eating a packet of chocolate digestives. Now take a walk around your garden and return to the question. They write these questions speifically that way to see if you can pick the bones of it and decipher the code.(Basically can you see what they are asking you if you break it down). If I have read this right....which I may not, as different people interpret things differently...they are asking you how these children of different ages develop in cerain practices,i:e, daycare facilities, nurseries,reception years at school etc etc. At each age stage where would you expect their level of development to be? What other factors of the practices that the children are in, hinder or help their development? Can you apply any theorists to this?
Hopefully if I am way off the mark somebody on here will correct me, but if I have helped in any way then you are welcome.. Remember, you WILL NOT always feel like this.
Unread 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

NicnacD is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers

I answered a similar question in a table format, with headings: Age range : Intellectuals : Language & Communication : Emotional & Social : Behavioural
Under each heading I sequenced the areas of development, and then in conclusion wrote a bit about children with learning difficulties how I'd identify a concern and referrals.

I found help in Child Development Birth to 16 years by Carolyn Megitt and Child Development 6 to 16 years by Penny Tassoni, both of which I have borrowed, but I'm sure you could probably get them from your local lending library.

Don't know if that helps, but once I had started answering the questions I really got my teeth into it and the table ended up 4 pages long (landscape).
Unread 09-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

topjsq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lealeaelli View Post

somebody please help me im doing a level 3 ccld solo throught a private company but dont get much help on it...kind of heres ur work u have 3 weeks bla bla but im really struggling with assignment 008 below is the uestion:

task a
understanding how children and young people grow and develop in providing appropriate services. give a written explanition of the expected holistic patterns of children and young peoples physical comunication intelctual social emotional and behavioural development in as age groups 03 37 712 12 16
throughtout expain how current theories of c.c dev can be influenced by practitioners.

i am so stuck and struggling massivley and its getting me down to the fact im in tears thinking about it i have done some work explaining how the age ranges are different and dnt know if im writing a huge pile of nonsense
i dont want to quit as i love my job but am struggling so so much

if anyone has help advice or a old copy of the assignment i can pull bits from or read through i would be so grateful
Leanne
hi leane dont feel along its mind bogaling i'm really struggling on it to please help some one

jacqui
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

There are lot's of links to sites on this forum that help with the child develpment charts etc.
But most importantly you shouldn't be struggling alone. If you are employed and doing your NVQ funded - your employer should be supporting you too.......it's not all down to the NVQ provider!! Can you go to your manager (not always easy I know) and ask for support? - or explain to your assessor that you are not getting support in the workplace and they may give your employer a 'gentle reminder' to help you.

Sometimes employers seem to forget the reason they are getting the funding for candidates in the first place is because they[the employer] are supporting you to complete your NVQ, and that's why you need to be employed to do the qualifacation in the first place!