Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-04-2009, 08:41 PM
nursery7

Default Unit 309

Hi everyone,
I am in need of help for unit 309 pc's as follows:

309.1.5 Plan taking into account the pattern of childrens attendence and their need for a balanced programme including time to rest and restore energy.

309.1.9 Clearly define roles and responsibilities of those who are involved

309.2.8 Have high expectations of children amd commitment to raising their achievement based on a realistic appraisal of capabilities and what they might achieve

K3D325 How childrens learning is affected by their stage of development

Will be grateful fo all the help - many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-05-2009, 08:13 AM
nursery7

Please help me

309.1.5 Plan taking into account the pattern of childrens attendence and their need for a balanced programme including time to rest and restore energy.

does this mean that -I would do planning for all children regardless if they are attending school or not. When they are in school they will participate in the activities they have missed.

309.1.9 Clearly define roles and responsibilities of those who are involved
Does this mean that the roles of the teacher and childcare workers nursery nurse know what their duties are and how they can encourage and help children during activities

309.2.8 Have high expectations of children amd commitment to raising their achievement based on a realistic appraisal of capabilities and what they might achieve
Does this mean that when planning activites i would take into account not to make it too easy but make the activity more challenging but enjoyable.

K3D325 How childrens learning is affected by their stage of development
Children are individuals and learn at different stages - e.g. some 3 year old are able to ride a tricycle some will use their feet to manoevre the tricycle.

Please help - many thanks
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:33 AM
nursery7

This is what i have written for this pc am i on the right track

Short term planning is drawn up with specific groups or individual children in mind and are informed by observation and assessment of the children and contain details of opportunities that meet the childrens needs. So if a childs pattern of attendance is errattic he will not miss out as he needs to achieve the goals set out for him.

Is this okay - am i on the right track
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

That sounds great!

To cover the part about rest/energy:zzz::running:, maybe you could discuss your understanding of child's development and their need for sleep at different stages, how you ensure that children get a variety of activities during their time with you so that there is a balance between physical play and calmer activities, methods by which you calm children down (massage, games, use of music:headphone:, lighting ...)etc etc