Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Suki

Highfive Message for Janice

Hi Janice

Just wondering how your move went? Hope all went smoothly and that your wading through your boxes quicker that I did with mine!!! Still got some to go through but as I have no-where to store anything then I might leave them packed until the next move......which I hope won't be for a while yet! :rotfl:

We've settled in well and Sami starts her new school on Weds, she's looking forward to it which helps! I'm still looking for a job and getting itchy feet but I really must remember we've only been here a month!!!!

Love to all and speak to you soon
Love
Suki

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Janice,Suki

Glad that you have settled in well.I am sure you will find a job soon,are you going back to childcare? Were have you moved to?Near the grandchildren?
Start the Mother and Toddler group to-morrow and back to preschool next week,was to be one morning but somehow doing two,staff shortage!!still no paperwork!Sent you a pm.
Unread 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Suki

Hi Chloe

We've moved an about an hour or so drive away from the eldest kids and grandson (and future brother or sister for him!), so not too far but far enough! At least I'm getting to see more of them now which is really nice.

Had an interview today at a nursery and offered bank staff, if I want it, and had another interview this afternoon at a school for admin work, which I would really like as it was a lovely place, should hear hopefully by the end of the week. I've also got another interview tomorrow for a TA, just hope I don't get lost as I don't know the area I'm going to and I'm just about finding my way around here!!!:rotfl: Just wish these places would give you more than 12 hours notice of an interview particularly when they want you to prepare things for them! :rotfl: Oh well, lets hope I find work soon that will pay the rent!

Littl'un started at her new secondary school today and all seems to have gone well so that was good!

Didn't get your pm

Have fun at all your 'jobs'!!
Suki
x
Unread 09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

janice is on a distinguished road

Hi!

Just an absolutely quick message! We moved on the 24th August and still living amongst loads of boxes - we ended up with 150 boxes and a lot of those are still in the garage or in the bedrooms waiting to be unpacked. In the end it took 12 hours to move us - 8 - 3 to pack up our old house and then until 8 p.m. to offload the vans - we ended up with 2 removal vans in the end cos we did have far too much rubbish!

Start back tomorrow and Gemma starts her new school tomorrow too- I'm sposed to be ironing now but couldn't resist checking on here as internet is up and running on the laptop but not the main computer - still got no email either. I'm using this laptop on the ironing board!!!!!!!!!!!! None of the pre-school stuff has been unpacked yet - so haven't even got a desk set up yet to work on (shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway we are in a lovely bungalow now with a really pretty garden and it's wonderful and I am going to say it .......... I am never going to move again (well I certainly hope I'm not going to have to!) We got Gemma a new bed today and Gary is just putting it together - she needs an early night really but got to go and make it up for her now - still not got round to the ironing.

So glad all is well with you Suki - will be in touch very soon!

Nice to beback in the internet world again!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x
Unread 09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
strawberrykisses

good luck with the boxes lol

i am moving in a month so ill be in your shoes then :rotfl: