Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Years News & Events

Early Years News & Events Preschool and other relevant Early years news and events will be posted in this forum along with our subscribed feeds. Please add any local news or opportunity that you feel is of interest

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
PR: Parents beat the bug sweeping the UK

Parents beat the bug sweeping the UK

Handy hints to help you tackle Norovirus

With the first full working week of 2008 underway and children returning to school, we’re being warned to be extra vigilant with hygiene as the winter bug Norovirus continues to spread across the UK.

Doctors estimate more than 100,000 people are catching the sickness and diarrhoea bug every week and it’s expected to top the 5 million mark before it’s under control.

Due to its virulent nature hospital wards have been closed and Doctors are advising people who are or have been unwell to stay away from work or school. No region is escaping the virus although the worst affected areas are the North West and South West. Norovirus is highly contagious and spreads through either contaminated food and water or the diarrhoea and vomit of ill people. Doctors are urging anyone who has been ill not to visit friends or family until they have been free from the symptoms for at least two days.

To help the nation beat this winter bug, Domestos has these handy hints to ensure you’re not just another casualty of the virus.

1. Hand hygiene is crucial to preventing the spread of Norovirus so wash your hands thoroughly using liquid soap and warm water before preparing food, before eating, after going to the toilet and after touching potentially contaminated items.

2. If someone has been sick cover the vomit immediately. Use gloves and an apron when cleaning it up and disinfect the surface if bleach can be safely used on it.

3. Squirt bleach around the toilet regularly. Keeping the toilet hygienically clean becomes very important when someone in the house has diarrhoea.

4. Use a bleach based cleaner, such as Domestos Bleach Cleaning spray to disinfect surfaces, especially if there is an outbreak of vomiting or diarrhoea in the vicinity.

For more information visit www.domestos.co.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Press Release distributed by www.markettiers4dc.com
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:26 PM
cybertwin

thank you, that is really useful
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

I have already taken precautions as our room is shared with a breakfast club and after school club, the children are not supervised when visiting the toilet so you can never be 100% sure if they have washed their hand after toileting. I have bought extra supplies of disposable wipes to ensure the toilets door handles are wiped down before our children arrive. I don't know if this will work but anything is worth a try.
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I am being more vigilant about proper hand washing, I am spraying everything with antibacterial spray and I have written to all parents reminding them of the 48 hour exclusion... no excuses!

I do not want this thing!