Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin We're Going On Holiday!! Yay!!

Just had to come and post cos I'm so excited - we're going on holiday!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: Just booked a caravan for a week in Presthaven Sands, Prestatyn and I can't wait for it to come around. I think I'll go and look for a countdown!!

Anyone got any suggestions for day trips while we're over there? So far we wanna do Chester zoo, possibly the Seaquarium and Snowdonia, but we would really like some good recommendations please.

Is the Welsh Mountain Zoo worth a visit? Just been on the website and wondering if it's a better option than Chester? Help!!! :rotfl:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Patsy

Coffee Were going on holiday

You could always go on the Llangollen steam railway.jump off at Glyndyfrdwy station and walk up the hill to say Hi to us.You might just get a pint or what er on the house.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
noah

lots to do in that area, don't know ages of children so this will depend on kind of things you want to do.

llandudno.. on Great Orme is dry ski slope with toboggan run (son used to work there in summer hols from Uni)

Snowdon of course... you need LLanberis for the rail way up there and you can of course walk it!!
Also at Llanberis
Dinorwig , a water power electricity station in the side of mountain... you don't know its there but they do trips inside and we found it worth the visit, but not been for a few years now so may have changed.they do have a web site but cannot access it at the moment.
Padarn country park... slate museum and lots of walks, lakeside railway too.

Greenwood forest park
eco friendly park with a people powered roller coaster (son worked there too!!)

Anglesea sea zoo not been for a while (son scuba dived in the tanks!!)

Then you have lots of castles and walks all over the area. Conwy, Beaumaris on Anglesea,Caernarfon

Ffestiniog Railway Narrow gauge railway.A lovely trip, well worth visiting.

Portmerion Home of The Prisoner and an unexpected delight.

As you may guess love the area, visited lots of times and son went to Bangor Uni and still lives there so visited several times since. hence the reason for their location...

wish you hadn't asked now!!

More here worth a look north west Wales north east wales
Unread 04-13-2007, 05:12 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin

WOW!!! Thanks Noah, you should set up a tourism bureau! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll certainly bear all of that in mind. I'd love to go to Portmeirion, I'm such a 'Prisoner' fan, but sadly my DH isn't, so I may have to squeeze a few tears out to secure that visit!!

Patsy, you're on, I shall try my hardest to pay you a visit - it'll be lovely to put a face to the name finally.

Thanks guys.
Unread 04-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Patsy

great look forward to it.lol