Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Littledee is on a distinguished road
General question new... need help (technical certificate assignment 005)

Hi, I'm new! Have just started my level 3 ccld (without having done level 2 first) and really need some help! I've only had one meeting with my assessor where she just gave me a pile of papers and said to get on with it. She hasn't gone through anything with me and I really don't know where to start!

I've been given assignment 005 for the technical certificate which has 4 tasks to do, each with 7 points.

I've searched for information on this, but can't find anything anywhere. Does anyone know how to get started with this or where I can find any help? Can anyone give me any pointers on where to start??!! Any help or information would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks, Dee.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

what is the tasks and pointers for the assignment 005
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi,

Assignment 005
Principles and values underpinning work with children and the protection and promotion of childrens rights.

Task A
You have been asked to plan for the care and learning of three children from a family new to your child care setting. An initial meeting has been arranged for them to look around and gain useful information about the services your child care environment provides. You are asked to prepare the information for the meeting. First decide what ages you want the three children to be based on your experience in your setting. Produce a written account which indentifies.
1. what policies and procdures need to be shared with the children/young people and their parents/carers e.g. confidentiality, health and safety, child protection and safeguarding.
2. how these policies and procedures contribute to the application of the principles and values underpinning the national occupational standards of the childrens care learning and development.
3. why children and young peoples needs, rights and views are central to the child care provision.
4. why it is important to work in partnership with parents/carers, other professionals and agencies.
5. how the routines and activities are planned to value and celebrate individuality, difference and diversity.
6. how you will develop and maintain an effective relationship with the parents/carers and other professionals and agencies.
7. how and why you should reflect on your own practice and that of your organisation to improve the quality of the services.

Any help or pointers will be really appreciated. Thanks.
Unread 10-13-2008, 02:35 PM
forest

buy the miranda walker and the heinmann handbook -try amazon as can buy them used and cheaper then new!
i couldn't do my nvq3 without them!
also are there any other people in your setting doing it as there are 3 of us and we meet up once a month and have discussions which we all find helpful as we can throw ideas around.
Unread 10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

i would take each pointer and write about what you do in your setting, and say why you do it and reflect on how it works, you need to read through the nos for ccld and and state how your policies procedures help your setting to apply them. Thats how i would tackle it.
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Littledee, welcome to Silkysteps.

Some great advice already given. Do you work in a setting where you could ask someone what the procedure is for greeting and introducing new parents and Children to the group ?

If they have a welcome pack to give out and any prospectus information that may be available?

Enjoy the site
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM

Hi all! Thanks for all the advice! I am the only one in my setting doing my nvq at the moment, so no-one else i can get together with to try and help each other out, but will ask for a copy of the welcome pack/ prospectus and also look into getting one (or both) of those books mentioned!

I'm finding it quite daunting and feel a bit like I've been thrown in at the deep end so far, so guess I'll be on here quite a lot over the coming months!!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to start... I hope it will get easier after I've got this first assignment out of the way and will get easier with each one I do!

Thanks, Dee
Unread 11-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Rhia-sl90

Hia.
I'm doing the exact same work + on my own too! I done Assignment 006 before this one mind, if you want some help with that? Do you have msn or anything?
Unread 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tasha141 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia-sl90 View Post
Hia.
I'm doing the exact same work + on my own too! I done Assignment 006 before this one mind, if you want some help with that? Do you have msn or anything?
Hi, just wondering if you've done assignment 005, im struggling with the questions Evaluate the importance of using reflection to challenge existing practice and also question Discuss how relevant legislation covering children's rights,equality and inclusion affects day to day practice. im so blank and feel like this lol
any help will be greatly appreciated
Unread 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Tasha141 is on a distinguished road

hi, just wondering how your doing with the assignment. im just trying to do, meeting my assessor on tuesday. im finding it really hard but i guess its more of finding time to do it.
i hope its going well for you.