Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-15-2009, 12:39 PM
lilfroglet

General question K3H190 Unit 302: The basic stages of child development and the implications for H & S

i'm really stuck on K3H190 on unit 2 can anyone give me any pointers have no idea where to start.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfroglet View Post
i'm really stuck on K3H190 on unit 2 can anyone give me any pointers have no idea where to start.
Hi, a member has given a great reply to this knowkledge that you can use to look up more information - enter the Knowledge reference number K3H190 in the search field on the advanced search page

Hth, best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:30 AM
lilfroglet

thaks for that but i already read it and it didn't help any other ideas?
Unread 02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Hi, you need to be looking at what safety features are in or could be in the environment / the rooms & areas Children have access to - to ensure it all stays safe and secure .. and then at the Children's ages and stages of development and what that can mean for the safety features .. For Health and safety what may happen if .. the Children climb, crawl, open, put in their mouths, choke, swallow, put over their heads, hit, slam, throw, slip, fall, water and how to ensure access to it remains safe and yet enjoyable - depth, drowning, supervision, what access to it is - visits, fenced off, locked pool / wildlife area door/gate ...

Safety gates, cupboard locks, stair guides, where locks & locking devices are, the height of toilets / sinks / hand towels, 'step ups', anti slipping mechanisms. Corner protectors, flexs / leads & wires, plugs covers ..

What policies and procedures have you read that can help say why items are put in particular places, what the safety equipment & features are in all the areas and the reasons why they are there ..

CCLD 302 Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure environment for children
K3H190 : The basic stages of child development and the implications these have for health, safety and security arrangements.
As mentioned on the other reply this unit may be cross referenced if appropriate ..

This page is about how you can look at the home and safety - apply it to a Childcare setting where more Children of various ages and stages may attend ..
Health and Safety Children - from Bracknell forest.gov.uk

Hope this helps, I've moved the posts to their own thread

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

SarahJ is on a distinguished road
Default 302 K3h190

Hello,
I have just had my 302 signed off. I answered this question by doing a chart of ages/stages eg. 0-3m, 4-9m, by 1 yr, 18m, by 2 yr, by 5yr, by 8 yr etc. showing the risks and the safety precautions required. For example
By 18m risks= increased curiousity, exploring objects, increased mobility. Safety precautions = Safety catches on cupboard doors, plug covers, medicine/pills/harmful fluids out of reach etc.
By 8 years Risk = unsupervised play Safety precautions = road safety education, well fitted bike helmets,
By 11 years risk= internet access safety precautions = visable computer area, parental control software, educate about internet safety.

I also did a chart , same age catergories, showing the health and hygiene implications. eg by 9 months weaning- constipation, dehydration --ensure baby receives enough water/fluids.
by 16 years - sexual relationships, STD's, experimenting with drugs, alcohol, smoking. -- educate on effects of drug abuse etc

Hope it helps

Sarah
Unread 02-21-2009, 10:43 AM
lilfroglet

Whoop whoop - yayy

that's brilliant thank you so much
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Smile

as an add to this thread, there's an excellent new publication available from Teachernet: Accidents and Child development
the cost of ad blockers