Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road
Default suitably qualified

Looking for some info regarding a question asked and i was curious to know the answer wondered if any one can help. Can a registered childminder work in a setting and be classed as suitably qualified or do they need nvq or equivelant thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

Two questions Kathie -
1} have you got a level 2 or 3 or have you only done the ICP? (ICP is level one)
2) What sort of setting do want to work in?
Cheers
Ann
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM

Kathie is on a distinguished road

Its actually not for me, a lady i know is available to help do some work on a bank staff basis if i need her, i'm not sure but i think she has the icp one we are a sessional preschool
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

a working cm will have an ICP or a DHC1 which is a 12 hr course required to register as a cm with ofsted. they need no other training other than first aid. all my minders i mentor are currently either doing the DHC which is home based training or an NVQ and they would need to do this to work in a setting, unless of course they get an unqualified post. but being a reg cm in itself is not a qualification.
Unread 03-25-2010, 10:58 PM

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

In any registered setting the leader and deputy must be qualified to at least level 3. At least 50% of the rest of the staff need to have at least a level 2 in a relevant childcare qualification.

For example lets say that there are four members of staff
The leader -level 3
Deputy level 3
Member of staff level 2
Another member of staff- need not necessarily be qualified.
Hope this makes sense- If not then let me know.
Cheers
Ann