Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

curtiskieran is on a distinguished road
General question UNIT 140 - Justify how promoting well being and resilience supports the safeguarding of children and young people

Hi everyone not posted on here before but i really need the help with this one. Its probably silly but i keep getting this question sent back to me because i havent answered it correctly!!

PLEASE HELP!!

- Justify how promoting well being and resilience supports the safeguarding of children and young people (unit 140)

any help will be amazing!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. Without knowing what you've written you may find the following of use.

From the verbs thread:
Justify
Give a satisfactory explanation for actions or decisions

So consider why promoting well being and resilience is important for safeguarding children and young people - for them to be assertive, confident to speak out, disclose information to others - positive relationships, so they'll know what to do in times of danger, who to ask for help, advice and guidance, they'll be able to look at choices and make informed decisions that benefit the success of their health, lives and in due course those around them.

Search inside your home nation's early years framework to see what it says about resilience and well-being and your settings policies and procedures to see what they explain.

Quote from CYP3.3 Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people: page 128 of the Heinemann level 3 CYPW handbook 2011

Supporting resilience in children and young people
Resilience is the ability to deal with the ups and downs of life, and is based on self-esteem. The more resilient a child is, the better they will deal with life as they grow and develop into adulthood.

Many factors can affect a child's resilience
  • secure early attachments
  • confidence of being loved by family and friends
  • good sense of self identity
  • ability to act independently
  • confidence to try new things
Explanation of safeguarding on safenetwork.org.uk

It's stark evidence, and is taken from page 5 of Promoting children and young people’s emotional health and wellbeing. A whole school and college approach 2015

In an average class of 30 15 year old pupils:

 three could have a mental disorder
 ten are likely to have witnessed their parents separate
 one could have experienced the death of a parent
 seven are likely to have been bullied
 six may be self harming

Consider how your work, if it's with younger children involves supporting children who are quite likely to be living through the experiences that lead up to these statistics.

Keeping children safe in education 2015 on gov.uk

and maybe test your own well-being on the NHS website!

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

curtiskieran is on a distinguished road

Thats sort of what the lines i was going on but i wasnt including as much information as what i should have i dont think. i also never thought to look in that book! that is absolutely great thank you!!!
Unread Today, 06:36 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Ashea1 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS EPP 2 - understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and practitioners safeguarding of babies and young chil

Hi all
I'm doing my NCFE CACHE LEVEL 2
Please someone help me with the flowing question

1.1a b, c, d, e, f. 1.2 Describe the current legislation, guidelines, policies, and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of babies and young children .

GDRP 2018 - Anyone who uses the date protection must follow the strict rules
and only the information fairly , lawfully and transparently .

Thanks
Ashea