Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

pixie is on a distinguished road
Default HELP

HELP!!!!!
I’ve just taken over a nursery and the staff mural is so low I was wondering is you have any ideas on how I can lift this. The problem I’m facing is there are 25 of them and only 1 of me. They have been very let down by the past manager. And i want to prove to them that I’m not going to let them down. We are a chain of nurseries and the old manager has told the staff that the owner doesn’t care and this is so wrong. Any ideas would be lovely!!

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-06-2008, 09:17 AM
noah

A hard one with so many.. only used to coping with a smaller group,
but could you have a meeting and ask them how they feel they would like to develop the nursery, what do they see needs improvement and how would they do it, discuss, and implement some of the ideas, even over a period of time, to see if it works . Giving them some 'ownership' of what they do, and that their ideas are valued and will benefit the nursery often helps with moral.

it is hard to stay in authority and be also classed as a member of the team but if you show willing to help and listen to their issues, implement some new ideas from them and be seen 'on the shop floor' working with them it may help. I always ensure that i am seen doing all the jobs they do, at some time, a case of not asking anyone to do something you are unwilling to do yourself.

Perhaps Plan evening out together, we usually go to the pub or for a meal, or girls night in at one house who cannot get childcare.

The facxt they ahve been told the owner doesn't care is wrong, but show how committed you are and that you care
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, big hugs and well done !

Sugeestions here much in line with Noah's with asking what business plan meetings are currently held in each individual nursery, inviting views and opinions on where they see their own setting heading and maybe what routes they feel would help it get there. Arranging social whole group get togethers to dicuss what's gone on so far - once or twice a year maybe would be excellent to reflect on how everyone has settled into new routines/ideas.

Shopping list strategies might be good for placing control/deploying responsibilities of provision into the hands of staff - encourage all staff members to write toys & resources that they feel are lacking in their own nurseries. Prompt leaders to write these down as & when the suggestion arises (lol photographic memory is on my want list !!) .. and then if possible allow time once a week to go through that list, feeding back to everyone at staff meetings ?

Any chance the owner can have more hands on opportunities so that staff don't feel they've been isolated from the top tier of management ?

Best wishes

xx
the cost of ad blockers