Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road
Assesor Problems

Hey All,

My assessor who came 2 weeks ago and who i've had from the start of the course has decided to tell me on saturday that she is not longer coming to me and being me assessor due to her leaving. In the text she reckons she told me on her last visit but she didn't, all she gave me was tons of work to do with explaining anything and was always clock watching. She also gave me new work to do but no new work plan sheet.

I haven't got a clue if I have a new assessor coming this wednesday and who my new assessor will be. The problem is that i'm not sure what work I should defently get finished for this wednesday just in case a new assessor does arrive. Also if I have no new plan sheet to go by what should I do as I can't really prove it is what my assesssor told me to do.

Has this happened to anyone else and can someone please advice me on what I should do.

Thank you all.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

gar10fee is on a distinguished road
Default I no what ya mean!

well i kinda no wot ya mean, i have finished ma SVQ level 2 and currently working on ma SVQ level 3, i have had 4 assessors and ma 4th is going on maternity leave at the end of July as the 3rd assessor comes back fae maternity leave in August!
It really is annoying cause they keep sendin me back a few units 2 try and let them catch up with where i am!

Fiona
Unread 06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

Ahh, Kittykatty, that sounds really horrible.

I think what I would do is to call your original assessor and ask for clearer guidance on what is happening, who you should be speaking to now. Also contact whoever you are studying with - college or NVQ provider etc and seek guidance. Really I do not believe you should be having to do this, but for your own sanity that is what I would do, just to make sure you don't get forgotten along the line.

Maybe get started on the work you have been set, chances are it will have to be done anyway, at some point, so getting a headstart on it can't be that bad.

Good luck and big sympathy hugs to you.

Sam
Unread 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Good news all,

I have a new assessor someone called Sara and she coming to see me next tuesday so I have an extra week to get things done, even though I don't know what part she wants me to do, as I only got what the old assessor gave me. I just hope I am doing the right thing just by still doing what I got given before my assessor left.

That I have been told my new assessor is alot better then the old one as the old one is like hitler and the new one isn't. So hopefully from now on I should be able to talk and get things sorted out.
Unread 07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

gar10fee is on a distinguished road

gd 2 hear, i'm taking a break for 3 months as tryin 2 move house and lot of rubbish in ma life 2 sort out so i start back from where i've stopped in october! should give me time 2 sort everything out and catch up wit the wee bits i've still to finish.