Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kisslinzi is on a distinguished road
Default wanting to be a childminder

im just wondering if anyone has any advice on been a childminder i want to do it in the school hols really as i work in a school through day but miss working in the holiday club and would love to start my own, just wondered if any one has any advice

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sue71mac is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am a registered childminder. It may well be worth you contacting your local early years team within your local council as they may have a pathways to registration course that you will be required to attend. I am based in Liverpool and we have to complete such a course prior to Ofsted registration. We are also required to complete the Introduction to Childminding Practice, Safeguarding and First Aid training but you may already have some of these if you have been working in a school. If you have a local childminding network co-ordinator it would also be worthwhile having a chat with them. Anything else I can help with - let me know. Good luck.
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kisslinzi is on a distinguished road

thank you for your advice, im going to look into it
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Hello! I have been working as a childminder for the last 16 years.

You need to register, do your Introduction to childminding course, get a first aid certificate, kit out your house etc... the first step is to talk to your local network, who will be contactable via a sure start or your children's centre.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to ask if you have any more questions