Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bagpuss is on a distinguished road
Default have coped quite well now hit brick wall!!!

have done lots for my nvq totally brain dead but my assesor says its all good. I have totally hit a brick wall with unit429 and should be handing knowledge questions in o the 20th nov I think not has ayone else done this unit???/ :ban ghead::

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya

CCLD 429 Provide learning opportunities for colleagues, sounds interesting, there are only a few posts about this unit so far!

Maybe not so helpful, but are you able to find out what funding and training courses are available through your EY's LA?

Is an enrolement timetable/event schedule produced for local settings or groups to look through?
Does your setting have its own training/learning budget?
How do you personally & professionally 'look out for opportunitites that assist learning - Surfing the net / reading the paper / browsing a college prospectus / ofsted newsletter / government initiative / staff meetings ..

With this sort of information you'll be able to help support colleagues interested in learning.

How do you ask colleagues what they are interested in.
How are they able to inform you / access more information.
Staff appraisals, 'in passing, general conversations, expressing concern or preference at role responsibilities ..
Reviewing staff meeting input, self development plans, aims for the future.

How do you note down interests and courses of action/setting objectives maybe, what book keeping/planning formats for this information does your group have in place - formal or informal.

How do things evolve?

How are colleagues part of the overall process - is everyone allowed to review / write /update policies, procedures that affect them/protect the Children/the setting and help with the day to day running - are they able to say why a policy or procedure exists and what it is there to protect/safeguard against or for: mobile phone, late arrival, accidents, inspections ..

What aspects of the job do colleagues disagree with, why, is it founded and how can you look at balancing requirements with opinion and views.

What are the requirements for running a Child care setting and do colleagues know these.

For avenues of learning/information and establishing reliable sources
Maybe how you check with St. Johns / First aid providers for news, updates on current practice/thoughts on first aid/cetification.
Are you in touch with the Fire department, local environment/road safety officers, police
What access to IT professionals do you have.
H&S training
Food hygiene
Risk assessment
Child protection
Activity & development learning
How do you prove and reassure colleagues that what they are doing is exemplary.

These links may help
Taking responsibility for own learning
Self appraisal download
Self development download
Learning styles - chaminade.org
and this thread from the Lv3 forum: summarise learning style

The Unit mentions coaching, mentoring, motivation and empowerment, these are areas that you can look into quite easily via the internet. Considerations maybe to be aware of any differences between the provision of information and the possibility of coercion - intrinsic and extrinsic.

I'm not sure this has helped but best wishes for the 20th

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bagpuss is on a distinguished road

thankyou so much it has helped I can now sit down and research with a little more confidence still not sure I will get it done by the 20th aswell as homelife and paperwork for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me again why Iam doing my nvq4???!!!