Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

fayk1987 is on a distinguished road
Default I need some help ASAP

I had a phone call on monday saying i needed to complete my nvq 3 by thursday... im 77% through it.. I am battling through the questions but am stuck on a couple.. can anyone help me out please...

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road

not unless you tell us which questions!
(actually write the questions out, I am not doing level 3 so wont know what the numbers refer to!)
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM

ok they are...
K3H278 306 The requirements of special diets according to the needs of children and families.
K3P1121.1 305 Whistle blowing where there are concerns about colleagues or in other difficult circumstances
K3P1121.2 Wheres your concerns may not be seen to be taken seriously or follwoed through when following normal procedures.
K3S250 Understanding what increases a childs vulnerability to abuse and exploitation and the importance of empowerment, confidence and resilience for a childs welfare
K3S252 Policies and procedures and the lines of reporting in the setting or service concerning suspected or actual abuse...

Theres probably more to come! Working my bum off to get it all done.. Thank you for your help!!

Fay
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Special diets - talk about allergies, and what can happen as a result (anaphylactic shock being the biggie!). Also talk about religious dietary requirements. E.g Jewish = no pork. Rastas=vegetarian (usally, maybe not always). Providing vegetarian alternatives, ensuring a balanced diet is still received

Whistle blowing - I am pretty sure there is a piece of employment legislation saying that you cannot be sacked for this, if you are reporting your place of work - try googling "whistle blowing legislation".
To begin with you would go to your line manager or nursery manager, unless of course it is them you are concerned about!
Our local authority produces a leaflet "what to do if you are concerned a child is being abused" which we display all over the setting which contains numbers to phone. I never did level 2 so not sure how much detail you need to go into, but you could look at the emotions involved, and the possible backlash. Your setting may have a policy on this.

Policies and procedures - you would have to check your own settings I would think!

Vulnerability, I'll see if I can find anything and I'll paste it in
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:19 PM

thank you so much for your help!!!
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:21 PM

I've written about some reasons why abuse (including neglect) happens, including:
Divorce/Separation
Financial difficulty/Poverty
Violence
Stress
Alcohol/Drug misuse
Illness – Caring for family member.
Disability
Unemployment
Inadequate housing
Bereavement
Abuser was abused as a child (cycle of abuse)

...oooh! Whistleblowing: "If abuse is suspected then is it is reported to the supervisor who will then refer to the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board and contact social services.
There is the possibility that it could be a member of staff who is abusing a child, as it was in the Vanessa George case. Any concerns about a colleague should be shared with the supervisor and if not taken seriously then should be reported to OfSted. You cannot legally lose your job for reporting the nursery. “Workers have legal protection under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 against dismissal or other penalty as a result of disclosing information relating to malpractice such as crimes, breaches of a legal obligation, miscarriages of justice, dangers to health and safety or the environment and to the concealing of evidence relating to any of these. (Commonly known as "whistle blowing").” (www.got-the-boot.com)"

Empowering - think of some activities "It is important that we teach children how to stay safe and protect themselves from harm so that they have a sense of control about what happens to them. Activities that promote self esteem, confidence and assertiveness can help children feel that they can tell somebody when something is wrong.
An adult who is involved in abuse may use language such as “it's our secret” or even threaten to harm the child or their family if they tell. We teach children that it is always important to tell the truth and also that they should not do something they feel is wrong, just because somebody has told them to. "
Obvoiusly you do need to do this in your own words!
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:29 PM

thank you so much i do really appreciate your help.. so are you doing an nvq or done it?
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:32 PM

No problem - I get a lot of help from this site so least I can do is try and help others in return lol!
I am doing NVQ4 - I did my level 3 at college (Diploma rather than NVQ but covered the same stuff!)
Unread 11-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Always worth doing a 'forum search' a lot of these questions have been asked/answerd on here over the years. Just put the letters/numbers in the search bar.
Good-luck and hope you get it done. xxxx