Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i know a lot of people are finding level 4 hard is the problem that you arent actually doing a managerial job? remember an nvq is to prove that you are doing the job. it isnt a training course in order to DO the job. many people make the mistake of seeing the levels as a continuum and theyre not. theres no shame is withdrawing and starting again when you are clearly carrying out the role it is meant to assess.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jelly6 is on a distinguished road

I am a supervisor at a setting and have been for 18months, it is the volume of writing and lack of support that is difficult - changing from cache to nvq is a challenge in itself. my assessor seems to think i should know everything in my head - while i feel fairly knowledgeable i am no sigmund freud! When people apply to do the nvq4, assessors should explain the qualification more clearly and support people to make the right decision for themselves. I think it is great both professionally and personally to improve your skills, but finding the right course for yourself is really important..
Unread 06-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

george3 is on a distinguished road

i started the level 4 a couple of years ago but stopped because of health problems, since re starting again ive found this web site brill. i have so far only had one unit signed off but have 3 on the go 401, 418,425, i too have been told not enough info so my last RA was 5 pages and it was marked as 'well done' i felt i rambled alot but now i can cross ref alot of what ive written. so stick at it and come on here as im sure we can all help each other.