Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nichill is on a distinguished road
Default dont know if i should do the level 3

i am just about to finish to level 2 cert, do i go on and do the level 3? whats the level 3 like ? workload wise? i dont have a TA job as of yet, although i do work so im thinking about will i have time to do the coursework.i volunteer once a week at my boys school, will that be enough to get the work done?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Stormy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichill View Post
i am just about to finish to level 2 cert, do i go on and do the level 3? whats the level 3 like ? workload wise? i dont have a TA job as of yet, although i do work so im thinking about will i have time to do the coursework.i volunteer once a week at my boys school, will that be enough to get the work done?
Hi, I am currently doing the Level 3 Diploma. We are required to do a minimum of 12 hours a week in the school setting. I volunteer at my childrens school 2 days a week and spend a half day at college. There are evening courses. For the Certificate there are 11 mandatory units and if you do the Diploma you will need to add 12 credits of optional units on.

It is alot of work but I feel it is well worth it.

Stormy
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

I agree with stormy I do think there is a lot of work but depending on your situation if you have time to make room for the work then yeah I would have a crack at it, to be honest I'm finding it really interesting learning new things, and I really enjoy it.

Whatever you decide good luck and congratulations upon completing level 2 when you finish.
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM

nichill is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply, i will more than likely do it. x
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM

Nikkillaaa is on a distinguished road

Hey there I am currently doing a level three working with children and young people course and attend college once a week (on an evening) and when beginning our pathways it is complusatory to work a minium of 2.5 hrs a week in a suitable placement. I am currently volunteering in a SEN school every tuesday afternoon and basically taking on a TA role helping out the teacher and other TA's in the class. I LOVE placement and glad I did the course for the experience of that! However I have a under 2 and work days so I am now struggling with the work load because if you miss one or two sessions you tend to struggle to under the assignment briefs - That may just be me being slow. But as you will find from a couple of my threads it is hard to catch back up when you have a lot on your plate.The course depends on the tutors you have I guess. I hope I was even the smallest bit useful :/ x