Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Aliceb is on a distinguished road
Default HSC3045 Promote positive behaviour, so hard HELP :O( please :o(

Hi everyone,

I am finding this unit so hard, think it must be my hardest yet :o(
can anyone provide some advice/help/support even suggestions :o( I'm feeling quick stressed about getting this done..I have reviewed all threads already on hear too but still quite worried stuck on lots..wishing this unit was in my level 3 book as it would at least guide me....
I have a few questions which I'm very concerned about and would like help/suggestions/guidance if possible thank you
I am doing this unit not in order as I keep going back to questions and then moving onto others when spending too long on a question etc and stops me going quite so stir crazy...my hubby and kids have seen me quite grumpy and sad about this unit today :o(
Also I have read every single thread relating to this unit about 10 times each :o(
my questions:

6. Be able to review and revise approaches to promoting positive behaviour.
6.1. Work with others to analyse the antecedent, behaviour and consequences of an incident of challenging behaviour.

is this an observation one or do I need to write about this? If I need to write about this I am very very stuck :o( would love some help..I've read all threads relating to this unit...

6.2. Work with others to review the approaches to promoting positive behaviour using information from records, de-briefing and support activities.
is this an observation one or do I need to write about this? If I need to write about this I am very very stuck :o( would love some help..I've read all threads relating to this unit...

6.3. Demonstrate how reflection on own role in an incident of challenging behaviour can improve the promotion of positive behaviour.
I know this is an observation so will wait for my tutor on this one phew....

5.2. Describe how an individual can be supported to reflect on an incident including:
• how they were feeling at the time prior to and directly before the incident
• their behaviour
• the consequence of their behaviour
• how they were feeling after the incident.

4.3. Explain the steps that are taken to maintain the dignity of and respect for an individual when responding to an incident of challenging behaviour.

not sure how to answer this one, also who do they mean by individual? is this the child or the grown up 'dignity of and respect for an individual'

3. Be able to promote positive behaviour.
3.1. Explain how a range of factors may be associated with challenging behaviours.

3.2. Evaluate the effectiveness of proactive strategies on mitigating challenging behaviours.

I'm stuck on some others too but I feel like I'm already asking for a lot of help
many thanks for any help you can give
Going to be a late night for me...started at 12 today..had lots of chocolate breaks in fact my dinner was chocolate X X
X X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

Outcome 3 explains how you're expected to promote positive behaviour in your setting.

3.1 asks you to look at the range of factors that might be associated with challenging behaviour and research what they mean - check 3.1 on this page HSC3045

3.2 asks you to evaluate stategies that aim to mitigate challenging behaviour and then see if you feel they work - are situations resolved, is everyone satisfied with the outcome, are you able to discuss concerns and ideas confidentially with colleagues.

Proactive stategies for mitigating challenging behaviour could mean your setting takes, makes and records observations and then use that information to guide professional practice eg. you are aware that transitional times where moving from a room to outside causes difficulty for two children in the group. How can conflict and upset be avoided ahead of time/proactively?

A strategy might be through your parent partnership where events at home are shared and any potential impact on a child can be known in advance.

Wales has Practical approaches to behaviour management which you might find useful reading

4.3 No one ordinarily likes to be blamed, judged, held up as an example, be made the focus of negative attention or have their reasoning and actions questioned publically. Steps to protect and respect an individual's dignity could be asking to go somewhere private, asking spectators to move on, having an approach that doesn't sensationalise a situation, be unbiased when listening and making decisions.

5.2 might be in discussion with your tutor, describing how you would follow policy and procedure of the setting - you might give time, use body language and have a non-judgemental approach when finding out what happened through a time of conflict. Using the four steps noted in this criteria you can help children understand what might of contibuted to their behaviour eg. feeling angry over something that happend during lesson time that errupted at break time. What the behaviour was eg. one child pushed another over, what that resulted in eg. a child crying, children's friends and other adults becoming involved, a possible punishment/consequence being issued. How the incident has made the child feel and how wherever possible, empower them so that they're able to see ways that avoid similar situations occuring again.

6. Be able to review and revise approaches to promoting positive behaviour.

This outcome relates directly to your setting and how you'd use your professional knowledge to identify approaches, review them and revise them to see if they are effective.

What does currently happen in your setting wth regards to promoting positive behaviour? another way to identify approaches is to look at the behaviours occuring and the responses evoked.

Meetings, literature, training, internal support all enable colleagues to discuss policy and procedure, express concerns, failings and success.

What time is available to resolve challenging behaviour, conflict
Does the setting endorse and use any reward/consequence systems
Is there a buddy system in place that helps diffuse situations
Are seating arrangements used to help minimise conflict
How are children helped to use problem solving and negotiation

No? what would you do to change things?

6.1 would be observed as it's asking someone to witness how you work with others. There's information on google for ABCs of behaviour - search page

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Aliceb is on a distinguished road

thank you so much for all your help. feel like I'm now getting there thanks to your guidance, my tutor has been very helpful today too..

Thank you soooooooo much
X X