Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Miss Moo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Compare and analyse medical and social models of disability?

Hi im doing the optional unit on disability. Unit 134.
Ive found out about the different models of disability but if anyone has done this unit any help with the following questions would be a great help and very much appreciated
1.2 - Compare and contrast the medical, social and psycho-social models of disability

2.1 - Analyse how the medical, social and psycho-social models of disability can impact on an individual’s identity and experience

3.1 - Analyse how the medical, social and psycho-social models of disability can shape service delivery

3.2 - Evaluate how own practice promotes the wellbeing and quality of life of individuals
Its my last unit and im loosing faith it just seems so difficult

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Stacey352 is on a distinguished road

Miss moo did u manage to do this as I've been given it to do also and just can't get my head around it . Thanks Stacey x
Unread 01-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

Several models of defining disability have been developed to try to address the many types of disabilities. Models of disability provide a reference for society as programs and services, laws, regulations and structures are developed, which affect the lives of people living with a disability. The primary models of disability used are the Medical Model, Functional Model, and Social Model.

Medical Model – The medical model describes disability as a consequence of a health condition, disease or caused by a trauma that can disrupt the functioning of a person in a physiological or cognitive way.14 This model is a conceptualization of disability as a condition a person has and focuses on the prevention, treatment or curing of the disabling condition.

Functional Model – This model is similar to the medical model in that it conceptualizes disability as an impairment or deficit. Disability is caused by physical, medical or cognitive deficits. The disability itself limits a person’s functioning or the ability to perform functional activities.

Social Model – This model focuses on barriers facing people with disabilities instead of concentrating on impairments and deficits of the person with a disability. In this model a person’s activities are limited not by the impairment or condition but by environment and barriers are consequences of a lack of social organization.
Unread 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM

How own practice promotes the wellbeing and quality of life of individuals As part of rendering my duties and responsibilities in assisting people with disabilities, I initiated my practice through the enhancement of an in-depth study about people’s disabilities and the root cause of these disabilities. The study facilitated me in identifying that many people were born with disabilities and many of them were disabled due to circumstantial factors. As part of my responsibility to serve them, I gave utmost care and service. The studies on people with disabilities facilitated me in introducing novel strategies so as to avoid the feeling within people that they are disabled. I motivated them to interact with people within their society. This aided them in gaining societal support and care. Through the strategy of getting rid of their disability disabled people were able to improve their livelihood as well as the life of people who have been supporting them throughout. Through this service delivery strategy I realised that the key factor that has to be accounted while serving disable people are their inner feeling of self-avoidance and that they different from rest of the world.
Unread 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM

How the medical, social and psycho-social models of disability can shape service delivery As per the studies facilitated by Anderson (2010), I realised that several disability service delivery are provided in support to people with disability. The major service delivery models utilised are medical model of care and social model of care. The medical model of care studies the cause of illness and aids the individual in overcoming the situation that the person is experiencing and thereby fulfil their needs. The delivery offered by medical model of care is specific to kind of illness or condition of the person (Hofstetter, 2012). People with disabilities are provided with periodic monitoring, supervision and protection so as for them to lead an improved way of living. It was also recognised that the culture, expectation and behaviour of staffs or volunteers are based on the caring and nurturing philosophy. The medical model of care of Anderson (2010) enlightened me with the fact that disabled people should be enhanced with the feeling of protected and secured and thereby, aware them of their abilities rather than disabilities. Another disability service delivery offered is the social model of care. As per the justification provided by Hofstetter (2012) I recognised that the social model of care dealt with illness and conditions that existed within societies. In line to that of medical model of care, disabled individuals are monitored, supervised and protected. I analysed that the major impact of this service delivery was to break through the social hindrances that affect an individual’s disabilities mainly (Anderson, 2010). Through this service delivery I was able to conclude that disabled persons are provided with a wide range of opportunities to avail support from community networks.