Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Nickynoodles23

Default Creche holiday users

Hi I work in crèche, which is situated in a leisure club, on our site we have a hotel and lodges so we see a lot of holiday children. Some which might be booked in daily and others, which will only be a one off. I know we are meant to keep all paper work for years but as these are not regular children how long should I keep their forms for? Are holidays started last week and already we have had 20 new children, which we may not see again we have got files and files of old forms. I do think if the children’s parents do have time shares and come back yearly they should fill out a new form each year as numbers changer etc… If any one could enlighten on how long to keep them that would be great. (I am only talking about children on holidays) Cheers Noodles

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Maureen

We have a creche in a health club
We keep the reg forms for 6 months in the current file (and if unused i.e. the children dont appear for 6 months )
they are then removed and shredded
The reg forms are checked (phone numbers ect) with the parents every 6 months (for regular users).
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Nickynoodles23

yeah 6 months is a good idea. maybe i'll start that.. i just think there is so many that we dont need anymore. thanks