Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Hannahlg

Default Help with k3c180,k3c181, k3p182

Need Help with k3c180,k3c181, k3p182

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Eagles4ever

Hi Hannah, what are the questions as I haven't got my folder at the moment but I have done 301 (think that's where these are from?)

Sue x
Unread 05-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Hannah, do you have a work placement that would be able to show you some policies & procedures & maybe talk to you about how everyone works together ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Hannahlg

nope Ruthierhyme as im a childminding assisstant i work with my mum
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Sounds great:) it might be good to find someone externally that you can chat to about your coursework needs as well.

This page is from DWP and the information in the tables is a start to looking at what working together can be about - Building constructive working relationships

Does the college you're attending/doing the course through know of a local Preschool that might be able to help ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Hannahlg

i just wont a little help asnwering the 3 knoweldge statments thats all im asking or is it too much
Unread 05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

No that's fine, my apologies.

Building positive relationships is all about supporting the people, adults and children involved.

How to respect their individuality and how to make any judgements that are made work for the better.

In order to work together professionally in any situation there is a need to communicate effectively - be patient and accept that everyone has different opinions, view points and experiences.

Why it is important to work together:
To try and help understand the two situations imagine what it would be like to attend a 2.5 hour sit down meeting with someone you really like - and then imagine the exact same meeting but with someone you didn't like.

Leaving out what the meeting was actually about - how 'productive do you think each one would be ?

How helpful do you think each person wants to be with each other ?
How many ideas / solutions could be worked out and how quickly ?
And, how much would you look forward to the next meeting with each of those people ?

When working professionally to make sure Children are looked after and cared for to the best of everyone's ability you don't always know who you will be working with or in which situation - Online, over the telephone or face to face.

Being professional means you can put aside your personal feelings and work with anyone regardless of how you feel about them personally.

You might find this article from Openlearn useful - How I work with other professionals

Other professionals that you may need to contact and work with in a professional manner may include The Police, Hospital, Librarians, Shop owners, local Doctors surgery, Dentist, School crossing patrol, the Children's school - teachers, governors, other parents, tax office, Early years workers and The Children's own Preschool / nursery ...

The three knowledge questions are collectively quite large to answer on one thread so these are some links to help narrow things down for you:

This page from dyslexia.scotwest.org.uk can help a little with K3C180 - it shows how the teacher can prepare some strategies to help 3 different types of learner - possibly ask yourself what might be acheived if the teacher does do each of the points with the children and what the opposite affect would be if they didn't - and then look at what everyone got from / feels about the activities and how the group relationship has or hasn't developed - did everyone get along better, more positively or were there dissagrements and everyone felt disatissfied ?

Why working together is important .. this page of Businesslink shows all of the areas and possible issues that each of us might come across in life ..

Working together - listening to the voices of children & young people - Teachernet/Publications
This is a raw looking document but very informative - Parent and Teacher strategies for working together - ERIC.gov.uk
Every Child Matters website has many resources to help look at how and why working together positively is good for everyone.
How to be objective - Stand back - Take stock - 'Bite tongue - reassess ..

hth ...

TAG:
CCLD NVQ3 UNIT 301 Develop and promote positive relationships.
K3C180 Why it is important to encourage and support positive relationships between children and other adults in the setting and strategies you can use to do this
K3C181 - Why positive relationships with other adults are important
K3P182 - Why it is important to show respect for other adults’ individuality and how to do so.
Source: CWDC - PDF
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 04-05-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: CWDC link edited for ease of administration
Unread 05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Hannahlg

thanks thta looks helpfull

i just like to get as much infomartion in as psosbale so my asser dont give it me back wth stuff to add
Unread 06-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Administrator

I've been having a look around and found a post with some great information in.

The recommendation was to include how you get along with Parents and Carers and how you support each other - keeping everyone, big & little upto date.

Also to mention that as the Children watch / are aware of a great deal that goes on around them, learning by example is something to take into consideration with own practice.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Hannahlg

thanks will add that in