Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Mossymouse

Default Ccld 403

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and hoping somebody can help me, and if I can help anyone I will!!!
I've been studying my CCLD level 4 for a few months now, currently on module 3 and having a bit of a brain freeze, the question I;m really struggling with is........
K4P377 Explain your understanding of evidence-based practice and how it affects practice in your area of responsibility.
I know I really should know this answer but I'm really struggling, anyone have any ideas???
I've had modules 1 and 2 signed off so if anybody needs any help with either of them let me know, I'm only too happy to help!!!
The sooner I finish this course the better!!!
Thanks in advance
Karen xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Hi I get brain freezes too, this course is a lot of work and the sooner I finish the better, I find the reflective bit difficult, think Ive reflected but get told its not enough.
Anyway for this bit I talked about observations in the setting how they need to be based on actual evidence and how we need to be aware of other cultures when observing, the influence on the observer eg children who are not so clean as others, gender eg boys who are more boisterous, etc and the effects of our own personal upbringing and views on the observations, what difference do observations make? reflect on what happens in your setting, is it of benefit? how can it be made better? etc that reflective bit I find the most difficult, I am doing K4D809 at the moment, just typing it all up nearly finished 403 but i expect i will be told ive not reflected enough!!!!!!
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Mossymouse

Thank you so much for that Brandy, that has helped so much!!
I'm not too bad at the reflective bit, it's getting started that I struggle with, once I know what I need to write about I think I waffle a bit too much!!:muted:
But anyway got 4 more questions to answer and I have completed 403! Thank you once again, if I can return the favour I will do.
Karen xx
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:17 AM

glad to help, i tend to waffle on a bit too, im never quite sure how much depth to go into for the answers, good luck with the rest of 403
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

Emma J is on a distinguished road

Hi Brandy I am also working on KD809 and this will finish 403 for me too but I don't know where to start. I think I have been at it too long for today. Please help how do I set it out?
Emma J
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma J View Post
Hi Brandy I am also working on KD809 and this will finish 403 for me too but I don't know where to start. I think I have been at it too long for today. Please help how do I set it out?
Emma J
I used a performance evidence sheet and wrote about the following headings:
Provide a safe secure encouraging environment
Develop positive and consistent relationships (keyworker system etc)
Provide opportunities for children to assess and take risks and face challenges
Work within a framework for inclusion and anti discriminatory practice, meeting individual and group needs
Adapt your practice and model to others how support can be given to all children in your care including those with disabilities and special educational needs.
Provide programmes and activities to support intellectual development and learning covering:
Persistence
Attention and concentration
Exposure to different and varied concepts
Motivation
Challenging and stimulating learning and a love of learning
Provide programmes and activities to support communication language and literacy.
Verbal and non verbal communication strategies
Adapting strategies for use with children experiencing barriers to developing literacy.
Using ICT
Listening /watching/talking
Reading
Writing
Provide approriate resouces for learning.
Support frameworks for positive behaviour, including, modelling positive behaviour, rewarding positive behaviour, non confrontational techniques such as distraction, explanation, removal of children or items, removal of adult attention
Adapting strategies where learning is through an additional language, where there is a communication barrier in both multilingual and bilingual settings.

I wrote about what we do in the setting, how and why we do it.
thats basically how i laid mine out.
Ive finished completely now just got my certificates, still like looking at the forum though.
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

Emma J is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Brandy. You have been a great help, I just didnt know where to start. You're brilliant
Emma J
Unread 06-19-2015, 04:40 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Jillyp is on a distinguished road

Hi I am just about to start my CCLD 403 struggling where to start. can anyone please help me. xxx
Unread 06-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site, this is the CCLD 403 unit if you've got access to the level 4 handbook you'll find supportive reading for this on page 90+ - on amazon.co.uk

Search for assessment in the preview of the book to read a content sample.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers