Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Teresa

new baby

can anyone help me please one of my keyworker children has had a new arrival (a new baby brother) I would like to include this in his individual learning plan and would like some ideas as to what we can do and how they will cover the areas of learning. Any ideas anyone

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Teresa,

Would it be possible to ask for a couple photos of the new baby so that you could build an 'all about my new Brother' booklet with your KW Child ?

That way you could cover things that may be upsetting/confusing him as well as enjoying all the new baby things
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Teresa

hello there yes thank you that was one idea I had up my sleeve mum and dad are a bit worried how the baby will effect him, i am sure they would be up for that

Teresa
Unread 10-23-2007, 08:11 AM
littlesheep

Maybe also look at him not having to be 'grown up' / 'big' / 'responsible' etc as he might be feeling hat he is under pressure at home to fill the big brother role.
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Teresa

new baby

thank you for your continued help, yes i do feel that this particular little chap will be a little daunted with the idea of being a big brother any further ideas will be gratefully received
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

This book is great, I bought it when DD was born, DS was 18 mths old then.