Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Petal291 is on a distinguished road
Default Ofsted Variation - Is anyone able to offer advice

Hi all, hoping someone might be able to give a bit of advice on this one.
I currently look after a little girl, she is 4, from 12 - 15:30 daily. Mum gave me notice a couple of weeks back as she was moving with her job at the end of February, i won't go into their private circumstances. Anyway i have already signed contracts for a toddler to start full time with me in May.
Mum of part time little girl told me on Friday, that for one reason or another, her new job will not be starting now until July this year and can I keep her little girl as usual until the end of July. I have explained to mum that i've now signed contracts with a new baby starting in May, which of course she is upset about but understands she gave me notice.
I have now been told about applying for a variation for existing children for continuity of care. Will this situation work???
Not mum's fault that the new job isn't starting now until July and not my fault that I signed a new contract to start in May.
I would need the variation only for 3 months...
I would need to apply for variation ASAP as if it was declined mum would need to look for new childcare.
Will ofsted want parents details etc....how does the variation work??
Any advice would be great.
Thank you.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Josiejo is on a distinguished road

Hi, You are obviously over your early years numbers by applying for a variation, my experience of Ofsted variations is not good im afraid they do not like anyone going over there numbers on their certificate and are extremelly strict about it, from my experience they will only accept a sibling of a child in your care already to continue the continuity of that child, if it is for a completely new child to join they will be very reluctant , there advice to you will be to keep your original child till July and not take on the new one , which is extremelly frustrating , I would definately try but i wouldnt get your hopes up .