Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
B0NN1E

Help SOS help for units 422 and 408

hi i'm new to this site, nearly completed my level 4 and i have just found this site.

i would be must grateful if anyone could please give me any pointers on some questions that i can't seem to get my head around. Any help would be most helpful.

These are the questions that i need some pointers on. thank you

unit 408
Question K4h889
The assessment of risk in physical development activities, the importance of not overprotecting children and allowing them to develop and assess risk for themselves.

unit 422
K4D1086
How familiy beliefs, attitudes and values may affect behaviour, self reliance and identity

unit 422
K4p1090
the importance of training and supporting practitioners in your setting or service, to work effectively with families whose beliefs, attitudes and values may be different.

any help would be most grateful
thank you
B0nn1e

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road

K408 I would look at your risk assessment for this area, note down the most important, however mention that children learn through play and need to sometimes evaluate what is ok and what is not. wrapping them in cotton wool is not going to help them later in life, there is a big section on this in the level 3, about children taking risks etc...
bit of a difficult one though.

K422 Ok this one is quite easy, if say for example you come from a different background to the other children, you can be made to feel different, which would lead to low self esteem, attention seeking with bad behaviour, or shy/quiet having no confidence. or you might just feel different from the other children. again alot of this info is on the net.

K422 how, you develop your staff training, and knowledge of other cultures, beliefs and backgrounds. Do they all know about all the different festivals, beliefs etc...
how do you go about getting them on the right course so that they can learn and implement this within the setting? very longwinded but alot of info also on the net.

I hope I have helped, if not i am sorry i have just started this course yesterday, so its all new to me but hey i gave it a go xx