Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

KazmiMohammed is on a distinguished road
Demonstrate ways of establishing ground rules with children?

Hi , i also need help but ill post in this , i am currently undertaking my Level 3 Certifcate in Supporting , Teaching & Learning in Schools - I am currently on Unit 6 - Promote Children & Young People's Positive Behaviour - i am onto the part of observation which i can answer via a reflective account

The one i need help one is 2.2. Demonstrate ways of establishing ground rules with children and young people which underpin appropriate behaviour and respect for others.

Many Thanks , for anyone who repies or helps me i have been stuck on this for a while and need to get it done

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, being a 'demonstrate' criteria it's possible your assessor will observe you doing this the next time they visit you at your workplace.

If it helps, page 101+ of the STL handbook suggests ways that you may find similar to your working practice:

Strategies for promoting positive behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting

As well as setting out ground rules with students there are some other ways in which you can promote positive behaviour in your setting.

By using active listening
: actively listening to student s show them that you value what they say and ae taking the time to think about their point of view. In this way you can build positive relationships with them. When managing behaviour, it helps students to know that you can talk theourgh issues as they arise and build their trust.

By giving regular positive feedback: noticing when students are trying hard to manage their behaviour is a powwrful reinforcer. It shows that you are aware that they are making as effort. It also give students positive attention.

By being consitent when addressing behaviour: consistency between adults is very important, so that children and young people are clear about wexpectations. Use the preferred method of promoting positive behaviour, whiuch is approved by your setting - for example, verbal praise, a behaviour chart, or giving privilidges.

By being a positive role model: this is significant as it shows that you recognise the importance of positive behaviour, it is very difficult to ask students to do something you are not doing yourself.

The book then goies on to explore being realsitic: by setting targets and expectations of behaviour that are realsitic to the ages and ability of the student or group.

Being consistent by making sure you ask the same thing of students for same situations. For example, if you allow them to do something one day and not the next, this will send mixed messages.

Being supportive means you should encourage students wherever possible to develop positive behaviour. Regular incidence of poor behaviour is often a reaction to something that is happening in their lives. Being supportive can happen in different way.
  • by asking how they are and listening to them
  • by talking to them about issues that are imoprtant to them
  • by developing targets and reviewing them with the students and other staff
  • by praising and rewarding positive behaviour and noticing when they are trying hard.
Similarly these points can be used when agreeing rules and boundaries with the children. Maybe this is done at the beginning of a new term in your setting? and those rules are used as reminder and reinforced as and when necessary?

Hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

KazmiMohammed is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for the reply. As I am distant learning I don't have a person who comes in however i do have a teacher who does my observations but as it's Easter holidays she can't do the observations until I go back. But I'm trying to finish the unit and the rest of the criteria as a reflective account

With this how would I answer this, if possible would you be able to email me to help me with this. Its making me so stressed been on this unit for months

Kind Regards,
Mohammed Kazmi
Unread 04-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi I am sorry, the forum is supported by member donations so there is no one-to-one or email help available. You're better to contact the assessor that your distance learning provider has assigned to you. They'll be able to tell you exactly what you need to do to cover this criteria. xx

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers