Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

carlagallon is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 404 KS 12

Hello all, I am new to this forum, but decided to register as it looked like a great way to communicate with fellow SVQ 4 CCLD studiers! lol! I wonder if any of you can help me...

Please help; my assessor has asked me a final question to help me tie up this part of the unit......Unfortunately it was the question I was dreading :weepy:.....

I really struggled to put into words WHY it is important "that you put into practice any new info/learning to ensure your practice meets all QA and regulatory requirements? (EMPHASIS ON WHY!?)

I thought I answered the question fully enough within my RA but obviously not and now I am struggling to "add to and expand" on it - can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance, appreciate any comments and advice:bouncy:

Carla

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlagallon View Post
Hello all, I am new to this forum, but decided to register as it looked like a great way to communicate with fellow SVQ 4 CCLD studiers! lol! I wonder if any of you can help me...

Please help; my assessor has asked me a final question to help me tie up this part of the unit......Unfortunately it was the question I was dreading :weepy:.....

I really struggled to put into words WHY it is important "that you put into practice any new info/learning to ensure your practice meets all QA and regulatory requirements? (EMPHASIS ON WHY!?)

I thought I answered the question fully enough within my RA but obviously not and now I am struggling to "add to and expand" on it - can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance, appreciate any comments and advice:bouncy:

Carla
I'm not sure how you have answered it - but surely it would be to ensure that you are delivering the EYFS curriculum and also that you are ensuring children's safety, welfare etc.
If you don't keep up to date on new info/learning and put it into practice you are failing to deliver.
Unread 11-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Thanks Heidi; I'd already mentioned in an RA about the importance of being kept updated with new changes in legislation and regulatory requirements in order to provide the best level of service delivery to users but I'm guessing this wasn't enough to claim against the KS point hence the further explanation - as I said i'm just struggling to put into words I guess, what it is I actually mean by the above? Sorry, I appreciate your help thanks
Unread 11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlagallon View Post
Thanks Heidi; I'd already mentioned in an RA about the importance of being kept updated with new changes in legislation and regulatory requirements in order to provide the best level of service delivery to users but I'm guessing this wasn't enough to claim against the KS point hence the further explanation - as I said i'm just struggling to put into words I guess, what it is I actually mean by the above? Sorry, I appreciate your help thanks

I don't know the of your units/knowledge etc, but the only thing I can think why you have not answered it correctly then is because you are giving a standard general answer.

I suspect you are required to personalise your answer by reflecting on your 'own' practice. rather than the setting/practitioners as a whole.

How do you (personally) put into practice the infomation to ensure your (own) practice meets all QA and regulatory requirements?

So rather than a set answer of ...to deliver the eyfs ..... you start off.....

From infomation/learning I have gained from attending safeguarding training I understand the importance of...... and I ensure that I follow the correct procedures.......

I hope this helps a little more -or that this is what you are looking for.
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:59 PM

thanks Heidi, although I think I am simply hitting a brick wall with this one - I can't seem to get my head round it and understand what is being asked. I received a further e-mail from my assessor today telling me that she is asking me to tell her why it is important to keep up to date with new childcare initiatives for example "curriculum for excellence" "absence procedure" to ensure that your group is integrating all of the new scottish goverment iniatives into your practice.

I was sure I had included a sufficient answer already but obviously not, sorry I am just stressing a little about the depth that's required for this question!