Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

spoiltprincess2010 is on a distinguished road
Default 307 K3d287

Really stuck on this one question, then i have completed the whole unit of 307.

K3D287 - How you adapt your practice to meet the health and physical development needs of children, taking into account age, gender, ethnicities, individual needs and abilities?

Any help would be reallly grateful! :-D!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

karensi30 is on a distinguished road

Children must have equal access to activities and they must be safe and appropriate for their level.

When planning any activities I take into consideration the;

layout ( moving equipment to create space)
safety of equipment ( e.g. not too many small pieces etc.)
Cleaning rota ( e.g. toys, equipment and toilets)
Flooring-carpet vs laminated flooring for easy clean.
Toys and equipment that challenges children but isn't too hard (e.g. age and ability )
Check cultural practices (e.g.: some clothes worn such as sari's can be difficult for physical activities.)
Adult ratio (making sure correct supervision for number of children)
Dietary needs ( nut allergies, vegetarians, cultural or religious dietary needs)
Training of staff-health and safety., health and hygiene.
Access-are doors suitable for mobility aids .weather

I adapt my practice by;

Planning activities for individual children to promote specific areas of their development for example, a child who has had an accident which means that his right side is not strong as strong as that of another child, might benefit from throwing beanbags with his right hand side.
Adapting equipment to help children for example, a child with impairments to join in by providing beanbags with bells sewn in to help the child hear the bag so they are able to catch it.
Challenging the behaviour of children who are undermining other. For example as children get older, they tend to make comparisons and remarks about children's abilities.
Be a good role model as some activities are seen as gender specific, such as football, skipping or dancing. By been a good role model I encourage all children to take part or adapt my strategies so that everyone can take part.
Provide a healthy and balanced diet, be planning for individual child with religious or cultural requirements ( vegetarian or halal meat), children with nut or dairy allergies .
Provide age appropriate physical activities that will help stimulate and develop children so they meet their full potential For example games that will promote gross and fine motor skills.