Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
wcropper

General question unit 410

Hi can anyone give me any pointers on unit 410 KE K4D943 and K4D947 Thanks in advance

Last edited by wcropper : 04-27-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: New question

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

This is the last one Im going to do I think its about reflecting on your practice but I havent really looked yet - sorry
Unread 09-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

fatfrog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcropper View Post
hi new to this site can anyone give any info on unit 404 ccld anything would be a help
Hiya, I joined about a week ago and I did 404 for my first unit. What questions in particular are you stuck on?.
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bunny is on a distinguished road

hi was just wondering if you could give me some pointers on 404 question k4p814 and K4D815 as i am really stuck. thanks
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

whats the questions/task?
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

http://http://www.lovehealth.org/tools/teachers.htm
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/argyri...ies_of_action:

These are a few sites I found useful for this unit
http://www.ericdigests.org/1992-3/adult.htm
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:38 AM
angel 1

Whoop whoop - yayy Hope this helps

K4P814
Quote:
Reflection informs us where we need further training or guidance. Once we have utilised this knowledge and gained further training successfully it empowers us and makes us feel good. It will motivate us to continue our learning. We will feel inspired to progress further and give us the confidence to try something new. We will develop a ‘can do’ attitude to our learning.
We will have the enthusiasm to continue and build on the knowledge we already have.
We can hold our own at a management meeting or conferences with outside agencies or other Early Years Educators.

K4D815
Techniques of reflective analysis
• Questioning- establish what it is we are reflecting on, this starts the thought process of why we did it and how. The questioning is the beginning of the reflecting process.
• Seeking alternatives- realising there could be better ways of doing it, check the correct way to ensure problems don’t reoccur.
• Keep an open mind- do not be judgemental, other people may have different ideas or perceive your ideas differently. Others may have more knowledge than us.
• View from different perspectives-Ask for feedback from colleagues- what did I do that they didn’t like or agree with. How would they suggest I could improve?
• Thinking about consequences-Think what happens if? Worse case scenarios to alleviate any problems. Health and safety implications.
• Testing Ideas, compare and contrast- think about different scenarios. Talk to colleagues. Trial and error- reflect next time do we need less children, more adults, more space etc.
• Ask what if? - pre-empt any difficulties. Think about best and worst case scenarios. Relate to Health and Safety policies and procedures. What happens if staff members off sick etc.
• Synthesising ideas- collaborate and combine ideas with other members of staff- involve all. Draw on the personal experience of others and ensure similar mistakes don’t happen again.
• Seeking, identifying and resolving problems- Be prepared for any problem that arises by observing and assessing each situation. Keep a watchful eye and deal with any problems ASAP- if you see a new toy may cause a problem, ask why and find a way to alleviate the problem. Does it require more adult supervision, a step to reach, further support, safety mats etc.

*Please note the content of this post is copyright of ©Angel 1 please use for information only.

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 11-02-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: *added copyright notice
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM

thank you for our help angel 1, it was a great help i can now hand in 404 to be marked.

bunny
Unread 11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
angel 1

Whoop whoop - yayy

your very welcome.
Unread 12-28-2008, 05:17 PM

hi angel1
was wondering if you could please give me some pointers for the following questions for unit 404
K4P823
The importance of integrating new information and/or learning in order to meet current best practice, quality schemes or regulatory requirements.
i talked about the foundation phase and how we we putting it into practice and that we had to go on to training to implement it in the setting.

your help would be grateful, as i handed this unit in and she said i was on the wrong track with the answer that i gave.