Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 01-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rache is on a distinguished road
Help SOS eyfs guidelines???

hey this might not be in the right subject but lets give it a go...

for my COMS/AON key skills i've been told to measure my room (babies) and then compare it to the EYFS guidelines to see how many children are allowed in the room at one time. i thought this may come under ofstead with them setting the room maxium thingys lol. cn anyone give me a link to find the answer lol all my assesor cn tell me is... and i quote ....
"keyskills
lol you need to measure a space then from the eyfs guidelines which tell you how many children you have have within a specific area. fro example you need 2msq for every 4 children. so if you room was 6 msq you could have 12 children.
you need the correct fiqures though and workings out. Measure space, see what the eyfs guidelines say then see how many children can be in the room. aslo do the scale drawing to show all workings out
does that help"

please help. shes coming out monday n trying to fit all the work into my weekend with the kids. omg i h8 men. sorry if your male and reading. they are ment to be with there dad.

help please xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

its all your eyfs statutory requirements.
Unread 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rache is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Took me a while but found the bit I needed x
Unread 01-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

that key skill drove me nuts but i was able to help my employers lol as we were in the proceeds of moving from one large hall to a setting with different rooms and we started to take children under two as well. Earned me good brownie points lol