Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
charlene

General question Hello need help

Hey everyone im new to the site and really need some help ive just started my nvq 3 and really need help to get started im stuck on assignment 005 task A to Cii?? anyone :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
angeleyes

Please could you say which p c it is or the question, may be able to help with a bit more info, ;)
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:30 PM
charlene

Task A
ok ill make it short
i have to plan some information for parent whose children would like to start at my settings ive got to choose the ages in my written acount i have to include ;
; what policys and procedures need to be shared with parent eg confidentially , health and safety , child protection and safe guarding
; how these policys and procedures contribute to the application of the principles and values underpinning the national occupational standands of children care and learning
; why children needs , rights and views aradioe central to the childs care provision
: why its important to work with parenrs other professionals and agencies
; how the routines and activitys are planned to value and celebrate individually , difference diversity
; how will i develop and maintain an effective relationship with the parents and professional and agencies
; how and why should i reflect on own practice and that of my organisation to improve quality and service

please help thanks :)
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:38 PM
angeleyes

are you in a school or nursery? have you tried getting your hands on the schools welcome pack, loads of info in them,, then you could use that as a guide. My standards have different p c numbers to yours
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:40 PM
charlene

thanks good idea im in a nursery i will have a look im aslo stuck on task B and task Ci any ideas hun
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
angeleyes

I think we have different numbers for our questions! Why can't they be the same? Are you doing this at college?
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:52 PM
charlene

no im working at a nursery doing that way am i ok to pm you the question?
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
angeleyes

sorry got a head cold at mo,, do u mean send by private message? if you do, yeah if i can help will do
Unread 10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Littledee is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have also just started my level 3 and been given assignment 005, tasks a - d. I'm taking it in order, starting with task A and am half way through it at the moment.

First choose the ages of the 3 children, based on your own experience. HINT: To make it easier, I was told I could use twins, to avoid them being so spread out in age range.

To begin point 1, I was told to look at the welcome pack and prospectus of my nursery and then look through the nursery's policy folder. I have taken photocopies of the relevant policies and have explained why these are important and how they are put into practise.

For point 2, I was given a handout which lists the principles and values underpinning the national occupational standands of children care and learning. I have just taken these one by one and explained how it is put into practise at my nursery.

I have found that I am repeating myself a bit on some of the points but was told that the more detail I go into with this first task, the easier it will make it for later tasks as you can cross reference your work, to save having to do much of the same stuff all over again!

I have been working on it all day today and found that once I got started, it all just seemed to flow easily!

Hope this helps you a bit... looks like we're in the same boat!!!

I'm meeting with my assessor tomorrow so will find out whether what I have done is ok so far... fingers crossed!!!