Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

cutiepie2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Designing a poster for Teeth, skin , hair,

and think we have to include heathy eating.
How would you go about doing this? I am not very creative.

I was thinking about having a picture of a tooth with a tooth brush and tooth paste and saying brush your teeth twice a day to keep them sparkling clean.

wHAT ELSE can I incude?

Skin I was thinking maybe hand and sink with soap and then a picture probley of ecezma

Hair was thinking about a brush and hair and then head lice.

I am not sur if this would work as I say I am not creative and can not draw so in need of some ideas please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-05-2011, 07:36 PM

ray is on a distinguished road

You could design an activity that the children can be involved in. Have them collage toothbrushes and toothpaste pictures. Perhaps they can collage one large toothbrush and one tube of toothpaste as a group. Maybe you could use laminated speech bubbles to write down what the children say in a group discussion about keeping healthy teeth.
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:37 AM

cutiepie2010 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that, Although I have now been told I have to do a leflet for healthy eating, teeth, skin and hair. The way I was doing it I was told I am not doing it right so I dont have a clue on how else to do it. For the healthy eating I put the food groups like proteins etc what we need them for and how many of each we should have a day I then wrote a bit about the 5 a day fruit and veg etc. but I guess this is not right the way I was doing it.

So can anyone else please help. What can I do about hair and skin ? this leaflet is suppose to be designed for new mums
And It's me that as to design it not the children. It will have to go in my folder.
Unread 04-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

newbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiepie2010 View Post
Thank you for that, Although I have now been told I have to do a leflet for healthy eating, teeth, skin and hair. The way I was doing it I was told I am not doing it right so I dont have a clue on how else to do it. For the healthy eating I put the food groups like proteins etc what we need them for and how many of each we should have a day I then wrote a bit about the 5 a day fruit and veg etc. but I guess this is not right the way I was doing it.

So can anyone else please help. What can I do about hair and skin ? this leaflet is suppose to be designed for new mums
And It's me that as to design it not the children. It will have to go in my folder.
Hi I had to do this last year for my level 2
I used A4 paper folded in half and produced a booklet
I wrote about sun safety, skin and hair and toiletries
skin and hair - i did bullet points with key info such as
Wash face and hand in morning
Wash hands after going to toilet, playing outside and handleing animals etc
Give children their own flannel and comb
wash hair twice a week. etc
Have a look on NHS website for the birth to 5 booklet that is given to all new paretns - i bet you will find some pointers in their on how to care for skin/hair etc. Good Luck