Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road
Default EYAT Visit?

Hi all
I haven't posted in this area before so bare with me.
I was just wondering How often should a setting EYAT visit? We seem to get visits every couple of weeks and after each visit we seem to have a string of suggestion being made.
This is fine it is just some of the suggestions I personally find a little strange (and I no other colleges who feel simular). Our manage follows these suggestions to the letter and some of the changes to our setting and things that we provide the children in the last few months have been a little odd (again only in my oppinion).
Some examples just to see what you think;
- It was mentioned the play doh should be placed into the Role Play area so the children could make food. So now when we set up each morning (we r a pack away setting) we put the playdoh table in the role play area but it dosnt seem to be encourporated it just seems like an extra table shoved into a small space. It has also left a big space where the table used to be placed which is just odd.
-Now it has been suggested that we get rid of the plastic food in our roll play area and provide objects such as pine cones and bark chippings.... not quite sure about the reasoning behind this. This hasn't been put into practice yet as only just been suggested but Im sure it will be soon.

Am I over thinking this????
Charlie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road

Personally you should do what works well for your children others can come and offer suggestions but how well do they know them. We are lucky to see anyone unless we ring as we have a crisis, if the support is regular they would have a bigger picture of your setting and how you operate . Go with what you as a team feel.
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

lets just remind ourselves their title is ADVISORY, in our area they only visit so often if they have had a satisfactory. your manager is you are good should be telling them they are more than welcome but a little less often.