Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

hunni is on a distinguished road
Default AC5.2 Give outline of policies and procedures that should follow in response to concerns to evidence of bullying & expla

Hi, can anyone help me with this play? I'm really stuck and confused
This is what I have already.... is it just the bullying policy? do I need to write more if so what else can I put in?

The aim of my settings anit-bullying policy is to help deal and prevent any form of bullying and to create a positive, safe and secure environment for children and young people to learn.

Bullying is an unwanted behaviour that makes someone feel humiliated, degraded and needs to be tackled immediately as this can lead to low self-esteem, leave a person feel unvalued, depressed or worse death or attempt of suicide.

Bullying can take place in early years setting as young children may not be able to express their feelings and problems which my result in them taking out the frustration on others and begin to display or develop bullying behaviours for example a child may say I’m not your friend because they may not understand that this hurts their fiends feelings

ways of supporting young children
• Help children to express their feelings through role play or use of persona dolls, reading stories
• Play games co-operative skills
• Understand that name calling and other behaviours that hurt people are unacceptable
• Encourage the children to participate in drawing up rules

All schools are required by law (Education Act 2002) to have an anti-bullying policy in place. Schools must also have a policy to encourage positive behaviours and respecting others.
The Department of Education (DFE) is clear that bullying is not tolerated and should be taken seriously.
Bullying can case long lasting effects on people lives and is not a normal part of growing up.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

marshy is on a distinguished road

This is what i put and it has been marked by my assessor,
My procedures for bullying are,
Children and young people have the right not to be hurt.
Bullying behaviour is unacceptable.
Bullying can happen to any child or young person at any age.
You will act immediately if your foster child or young person is being bullied.
Children and young people need ways to protect themselves and seek help.

Warning signs
Running away.
Non-attendance at school.
Other learning and behavioural difficulties for no obvious reasons.
Injuries with no feasible explanation for them.

All Schools are required to have an Anti-Bullying Policy. However, schools cannot eliminate bullying on their own and it is important that foster carers, social workers and schools work together. It is important that you see the Head Teacher at the school for their support and action.
If my foster child or young person is being bullied, I must encourage them to refuse to put up with it and, if possible, walk away, tell an adult or friend and to avoid fighting.
Foster carers are asked to ensure that we record all occurrences of a child being bullied. It is essential the foster carers share this information with the child’s social worker. This is Newport’s policy and how we must deal with bullying, and what actions we must take, these are put in place to help us protect the children I have in my care.
hope this helps.
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

marshy is on a distinguished road

hunni have you done unit 392 Professional practice in children and young people's social care?
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

hunni is on a distinguished road

Thanks Marsh that is a great help! No I haven't done unite 392 yet