Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
MAWI

Default Capital Funding

Hi everyone, I'm new to this Forum, so I hope this post goes well.
I would like to ask if any other childminders have received their Capital funding Grant and if so did you get an idea how much you could apply for. I would like to put Astroturf outside so that we can have all weather play but not sure if this would be acceptable on the funding. Does anyone know the requirements ( and would astroturf fit the bill)and what is the maximum amount we can apply for. Im not getting much info from the LEA
Many Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Silkysteps!

It depends on where you live as to what share of the capital grant you get / do not get.

In some areas childminders are being totally excluded from the capital grant...

In others they are receiving a few hundred pounds which must be spent on specific resources

In others they are receiving a few resources - digital cameras seem popular

I know one childminder who was awarded £25k for an extension to her house and another who got £15k for new patio doors and outside play resources.

the hoops they are having to jump through to get the grant also varies depending on the council involved.

I hope this helps!
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:44 PM
MAWI

Default Thankd for Info

Thats great info. Cant believe how varied it is. Its really not fair. Postcode lottery. I suppose I'll just try and apply for what I need and hope for the best.
Unread 02-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

we've been told in our area yet again that even though we are supposed to be considered equal to other settings as we deliver the EYFS and complete the same forms to do it as other settings, we are not entitled to any kind of funding unless we are accredited
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

suzanned is on a distinguished road

where are you all from i live in tameside and we dont get anything
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

SANDRA L is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm a Childminder in Haringey and we all got 4K each but we had to go on short courses to get the resources.